Helpful Resources for Truckers – Truckers have an assortment of needs, some of which are unique to this profession and lifestyle. Even with more common needs, it’s not always easy for truckers to stay up on what resources are available. So, below, are some of the resources busy truckers are welcome to take advantage of or keep in mind while on the road. Just before we dive in, here is a useful resource for everything on freight factoring: A-Z Guide On Freight Factoring. Check this out especially if you are a new truck driver.
• Aunt Bertha: Offers a variety of free or reduced-cost services for truckers.
• Community Action Center or Agency: Provides a wide range of assistance for help with food, utilities, and similar basic needs.
• Teddy’s Trucker’s Association: Provides assistance for truckers and their families.
Other general assistance resources include Truckers Final Mile for injured truckers or ones who have passed away while on the job and Trucker Charity for stranded drivers needing to get home. Dial 211 provides access to local services and helps with utilities, while Patient Advocate Foundation offers access to financial resources for medical expenses and similar needs. Truckers may also appreciate:
• Free Gas USA, Inc. for access to gasoline grant programs
• ACCESS by AT&T or Comcast Internet Essentials for Internet assistance
• Patient Education Resources
• Social Security Survivor Benefits if a trucker needs to apply for these benefits
• People Working Cooperatively for truckers in Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio needing help with home repairs or modifications
• GoFundMe for truckers needing to raise money for life events or pressing needs
• The Simple Dollar, Clear Point, and CareCredit.com for financial services
The American Cancer Society (ACS) has chapters in every state. This organization can provide an assortment of useful info for truckers dealing with cancer. Other health-related resources for truckers include:
• American Heart Association, Heart Healthy Women, and the National Stroke Association for heart-related concerns
• Good Days Chronic Disease Fund, Patient Services, Inc., and Patient Access Network Foundation for truckers living with chronic conditions
• eDiabetes Care Clinic, the Charles Ray, III Diabetes Association, Hope 80/20, and Freedomed for truckers with diabetes
• Audient and Starkey Hearing Foundation for truckers with hearing-related issues
• All About Vision, Eyecare America, and New Eyes for the Needy for truckers with eye-care needs
• Truck Stop Ministries, Life Coach Service, Anxiety Disorders Foundation, and E-Counseling for mental health needs
• Guide to Housing (Disability.gov), Healthypeople.gov for disability health info, Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities (CDC.gov) for truckers with disabilities
• Mother Trucker Yoga for access to yoga guidance
If you are blessed with good health and want to help make a difference, please consider a donation to the Simmons Cancer Institute at the SIU.
HelpHOPELive is a national organization that offers resources for truckers faced with an influx of medical bills and other expenses related to a catastrophic illness. With diabetes, truckers may also benefit from the Diabetes Exemption Application or the Diabetes Medicare Guide. Free Dental Days, Dental Lifeline Network, and NACo Dental Discount Program are some of the resources truckers can use for dental health needs.
Truckers are typically very busy these days, but there may be a time when there’s a need to look for trucking jobs. Valuables resources for such times include NeedADriverNow, Alltrucking, Truckdriverjobs411, and Everytruckjob.
A complete guide to everything you need to know about factoring: Freight Factoring Guide
Our Factoring story: Pay4Freight Factoring Story
Why you should factor with us: Reasons to factor with Pay4Freight
Truck Factoring frequently asked questions: Trucking Factoring Questions
Express Truck Tax helps truckers e-file their taxes. Highway Connections helps truckers stay connected while on the road, and Addictions.com offers resources for truckers dealing with addictions. Also, Smokefree.gov offers useful tips for truckers looking to quit smoking, and CPapAmerica and Second Wind CPAP are some of the resources truckers with sleep apnea can use. These are just some of the many resources available to today’s truckers.
We hope you have found this article helpful because we know how important it is for truckers to have one place where all the resources they need can be found. However, let us know if there any area we left out and we will be glad to update accordingly. You can call us at 888-479-4378 or use our contact page to reach us concerning any of your truck factoring needs.